LinkedIn is a professional social network with over 100 million users worldwide. When used well, it’s a powerful way to get yourself and your business seen online.
Social Media Today has provided an article with five tips on how to successfully market yourself on LinkedIn.
1. Complete your profile: Take the time to complete your profile so people can learn more about you. Just filling in your name and title is not enough.
A profile that has a professional picture will be more highly regarded than those without, and you will be more likely to be accepted as a connection.
2. Join groups: Once you’ve joined, take part in the group discussions. Better yet, find groups where your target audience might be.
3. Ask and answer questions: Don’t be afraid to jump in and share your expertise every now and then. This is a great way to show peers and potential clients that you are an expert in your field.
4. Reply to your messages: If someone takes the time to seek you out, connect with you and personally message you a question, make sure you reply!
Even if you are not interested in what they are offering, a polite “No thank you” is much better than saying nothing at all.
5. Complete your profile with testimonials and applications: These are a great way to prove your credibility to potential customers. The best way to get a recommendation is to write a recommendation for someone else. More often than not you will get one in return.
Link your Twitter, Blog account or even PDF files and power points to your LinkedIn account, but only if they are professional.
Read the full article here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.