At CP Communications we believe PR professionals are the best people to handle social media for a business. This is because social media is all about communication and engaging audiences and PR professionals are experts in this area.
PR Daily has written a great article on why PR professionals should handle social media. Here are the main points for you to consider:
- PR professionals are experts in communicating and empathising with different audiences. This means they can help a business create meaningful conversations with all of its customers, clients, suppliers or potential customers. These conversations can lead to increases in customers and sales.
- PR professionals know how to attract and hold the attention of a target audience. This allows the business to engage with its customers and build brand loyalty.
- Social media requires a lot of content to be created quickly. PR professionals are constantly creating content for different channels which can be easily extended to social media.
- PR professionals can identify a story and tell it to the right people in the right way. This means a business’ news will be distributed to its target audience at the best possible time for the maximum impact.
- PR professionals think strategically and are able to create a long term goal and purpose for social media interaction. This means a business will benefit from using social media over the long term and not just rely on a quick fix.
- PR professionals stay up to date on the latest news and trends, allowing them to post current content and link the business’ news to current events.
- PR professionals are experts at managing a business’ reputation. This means if someone posts a negative comment on social media PR professionals can manage the issue and prevent it turning into a crisis.
- PR professional’s role is to connect other people and social media provides another tool for this.
Other departments in your business may be capable of handling social media; however PR professionals already have the best skills and tools available to handle a business’ social media effectively.
Read the full article here.
Visit our Social Media Sydney website for more information on how PR professionals can provide social media services.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.