PR requires endless creativity and strategic thinking, and is a team effort. So what better way to combine these qualities than with a brainstorming session to come up with exciting ideas for your next PR campaign?
- Make a list of objectives that you want to achieve before starting the process. Don’t be too limiting, but remember your reasons for brainstorming.
- Bring together a big group – you want people to bounce ideas off.
- Allow everyone involved to speak freely. Let yourself bandy about story ideas that you might never use. Ideas that at first seem silly can spark a fantastic one.
- Start thinking like the media. How and why will these ideas work? This will help when it comes time to write the media release or pitch the idea to a journalist.
- Finally, start segmenting the media. Different media outlets have different needs and it’s important to keep this in mind when pitching and presenting your story ideas. Part of your brainstorming session should be spent deciding who to pitch the stories to, and how best to do so.
Brainstorming is always time well spent. Remember your purpose, but make it fun and some of your ideas could turn into winning pitches.
Read the full article here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.