Company announcements are an important regulatory requirement for listed public companies. They are legally required to inform their investors, shareholders, customers and publics about their latest company news.
Your company may not be legally required to release your news however it’s a useful tactic to incorporate into your PR strategy.
By releasing your company news to the media and your target audience it helps to inform them of your current activities, highlight your successes and builds brand recognition.
So how do you release your company news?
The first place to start is to write a company announcement media release.
You could write the media release to share information about your company merger, appointment of a new CEO, new client wins and more.
Here are some tips to help you write a great company announcement media release.
- Use the inverted pyramid style of writing: Include the most important information at the top of the release. A journalist may need to trim the release from the bottom if they have limited space.
- The lead paragraph: This is the most important paragraph and should provide a ‘hook’ for the journalist. It should contain who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- Include a headline: Make sure your headline states the facts and the main point of the media release. Try and make it interesting and not too long.
- Include the date: The date of the media release should be on the top left hand corner of the release.
- Use quotes: Include quotes from a specific person in your business that is able to speak about the media release topic. For example if the release is about the appointment of a new CEO, then include quotes from the new CEO.
- Be succinct: Write in clear, short sentences. Keep your paragraphs short and only one sentence long.
- Contact details: Add your contact details to the end of the media release including your name, telephone number, email address and a second contact person.
Companies that keep their target audience informed of their activities and tell the truth through company announcements will create a much better relationship with their target audience. This will build trust and brand loyalty within your target audience and help to grow your business.
Try writing a media release for yourself using our FREE media release template. Download now:
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.