The Where to Get it Team have posted the article, ‘Social Media Relevance for the B2B Marketer’. This article outlines why B2B companies are spending less on marketing and focusing more on social media.
In today’s economy B2B companies are decreasing their marketing dollars and spending more online. A recent survey by B2B Magazine revealed that over 48 percent of those surveyed were increasing their online marketing spend. So what makes social media so effective? Social media allows companies to relate to one another in an out-of-the norm way that builds relationships and helps bypass the stiffness of traditional sales contacts. In a recent study of B2B technology companies, done by KnowledgeStorm, it was revealed that:
• 90 percent participate in video
• 80 percent participate in blogs
• 80 percent participate in wikis
• 69 percent Participate in social networks
• 53 percent Participate in podcasts
In the same study, reportedly 69 percent of B2B buyers use social networks “primarily for business networking and development.” So if over half the businesses surveyed are doing it, why aren’t you? For starters, B2B companies should get involved in social networks where their customers already are- to learn what’s going on and to monitor your competitors as they engage. In this way, businesses can begin to explore opportunities to reach key influencers in your target market and learn how to optimise your brand for social media applications.
Social Media Allows Companies To:
• Share/disseminate knowledge and expertise
• Position yourself as a thought leader/contributor
• Tap into the trends of what your customers are doing/saying
• Engages prospects through a less sales-focused medium (lower pressure atmosphere)
To read the full article CLICK HERE
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.