Social media is very much about exploring what works for you and how you can make the most of the platforms for your business. I’ve been doing social media since 2006 and along the way I have developed my ideas about how to get the most out of social media.
Here are my top tips:
- Don’t use social media as a broadcast tool – create meaningful two-way conversations.
- Make connections and connect people – think relationships first.
- Find your ‘voice’ and use it at all times.
- Double-check everything before you post.
- Have clear objectives and a strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate consistently.
- Don’t feel the need to be on all social media sites because different sites fill different niches and objectives.
- Don’t let “lack” of time be a deal breaker.
- Let everyone know you are on social media – put share buttons on your website, put them in your email signature and the web address on business cards.
- Be a giver and be real – If you are not genuine on social media people won’t want to connect with you.
- Use Google and YouTube to get useful tips and information to share.
- Watch others, start slowly, ask for help, have no fear, find a mentor.
- See the end goal – it’s a marathon not a sprint.
What are your tips?
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.