A business blog provides an opportunity for your business to attract the attention of your target audience and transform them into prospective customers or clients.
Blogs have a dedicated readership, which will mean that rather than reaching a large audience who may not be interested in your business, you will have a following of engaged and active readers within your target audience.
It is important to produce quality and interesting content in order to engage with your readers. Start by researching your target audience and gauge what their interests are. You can then tailor your content to reflect these interests.
Blogging can be time consuming and sometimes it is tempting to just list links to other online content for your readers to follow or to post curated content. Whilst this can be helpful for your readers, creating original content will set you apart as an expert in your field.
Here are some great techniques for coming up with interesting blog content.
- Write a ‘how-to’ piece: Writing a ‘how- to’ post is an excellent way to give your readers content that has value. By teaching them something new, they are more likely to positively respond to your blog and return to read more posts.
- Comment on industry news and trends: Has there been a new development in your industry? Are there new trends emerging in your field? Provide commentary on issues and trends to build your thought leadership.
- Ask your audience a question: Asking a question directly engages your readers. When readers answer, ensure that you reply in order to generate a discussion.
- Share your business’ story: Posting information and images from behind the scenes of your business is an excellent way to develop a relationship with your readers and share your business’ story without being overly promotional.
- Share your success stories: Sharing success stories is an excellent way to build your business’ credibility. Ask your existing clients for testimonials to include in order to demonstrate the work you are doing.
- Make the most of evergreen stories: Evergreen stories are events that occur every year such as Christmas, Australia Day or Easter. Use these events to your advantage and create a themed blog post.
Include a call to action at the bottom of every post as well as link to your website or social media channels.
Remember to include social media sharing buttons on your blog posts, so that readers can share your posts via their social media platforms.
Blogs are an excellent way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Ensure that you are producing relevant and interesting content regularly in order to keep your target market engaged.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.