eNewsletters are a great communication tool to build an engaged community. They can be used to share good news stories, share expertise through tips, indirectly promote your services and build a database of potential customers.
However, after sending out your eNewsletter does your inbox overflow with emails of people unsubscribing?
Even just three unsubscribers may be enough to start questioning why people don’t want to read your information anymore.
The Sydney Morning Herald My Small Business has provided a great article on the top reasons why people unsubscribe from eNewsletters.
- Your content is irrelevant to the reader: Most people sign up to your eNewsletter because they are interested in the topics you write about. If you start writing articles on a very different topic people will no longer want to read it because it’s irrelevant to them.
- Your eNewsletter is not mobile accessible: Most people read their emails on their smartphone or iPad. If your eNewsletter is not compatible with these devices they will not be able to read it and may unsubscribe.
- You’re sending too many emails: The most effective eNewsletters are sent out monthly or weekly and contain valuable information. If you are sending out one or two eNewsletters a day it will start to clutter your reader’s inbox and annoy them. By sending out so many eNewsletters a day it is likely they won’t contain valuable information.
- It’s boring: eNewsletters need to be interesting to the reader both visually and with the content you provide. Offer customers a discount or a start a competition to interest your readers again.
- You’re too focused on selling: People like to read eNewsletters to find out about the latest news in your business or to receive useful information on a particular topic. If your eNewsletter only promotes your services and shouts marketing messages, readers won’t see any value in reading it. You need to find the line between promoting your business but also providing useful content to your readers and creating a relationship with them.
By following these tips you can create a great eNewsletter your customers will want to read and hopefully reduce your number of unsubscribers.
Read the full article here to find out more tips.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter packed with PR and social media tips & events.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.