Ms Gillard announced the election date earlier than usual, which the Sydney Morning Herald believes is ‘effectively setting the country up for a campaign season lasting more than seven months’.
During this campaign season the candidates for Prime Minister will defiantly be implementing their own PR campaign to help win the public’s vote.
While your business may not be campaigning to be the next Prime Minister, it is a good time to think about what to include in a PR campaign.
Business 2 Community has provided the seven essential elements to consider for a successful PR campaign.
- Target audience: When starting a campaign think about the people you want to communicate with and who you want to receive your messages. This group is known as your target audience and may include customers, potential clients, employees, shareholders and more.
- Goals: Before starting your PR campaign you need to have a goal for what you want to achieve. Your goal may be to increase your customers or client base or even to enhance your business’ reputation.
- Method of communication: Think about how you will communicate your campaign messages to your target audience. Will it be through the print media, blogs, email newsletters, social media an event or something else?
- Details of the campaign: You also need to think about the details of the campaign such as what is your budget, what activities each staff member will complete, how long will the campaign run and more.
- Activities: What steps will you take to achieve your goal? It’s often best to write down everything thing you need to do to achieve your goal and set measureable timeframes against them. These activities may include obtaining information for a media release, drafting the media release and sending it out etc.
- Writing your messages: Think about the key messages you want your target audience to gain from the campaign. Write these messages into short sentences and use them in all the content for the campaign.
- Create a PR strategy: Once you’ve gathered all your information for the campaign you can then develop your PR strategy. This strategy will help you to achieve your goals for the campaign and organise your activities.
Read the full article from Business 2 Community here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.