As I am running a small business that is in the business of communicating I tend to be open to new applications that help me communicate better with clients, colleagues and journalists.
Let me share with you what I was doing this afternoon. And this was in the space of 20 minutes.
* Chat skypeing with a friend/colleague about a work situation.
* On the phone to a client regarding a media release and chat skypeing phone numbers and web addresses while on the call (as well as hilarious hidden emoticons)
* My parent’s skype called me from Europe. We did a video skype call. They have taken an ASUS Eee travelling with them and I speak to them more now via Skype than when they are at home.
* I used Twitter to send a direct Tweet to a client who I couldn’t get on the phone.
* I emailed a client regarding speaking opportunities.
* My mobile phone rang and I had to hand it to a staff member because I couldn’t take the call!
As an experienced PR Consultant I am expert at doing 10 things at once, and while this 20 minute period of my working life sounds busy, it actually means I get heaps of things done much more quickly than if I couldn’t use these applications.
(And also I remember the bad old days when my globe trotting parents took off for months – sometimes years – at a time and I only got postcards and the ocassional call. I am very thankful they have embraced technology so we can keep in touch.)
You most likely already use email and the phone in your business, but check out other applications to help communicate with your customers and clients. Most of these are free and will help with productivity.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.