Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality group, spanning from full-service luxury hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 91 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered the highest quality accommodation and delivered outstanding customer service to business and leisure travellers.
CP Communications was approached by Hilton Worldwide Australasia to help it to:
- Strengthen the positive reputation and image of Hilton Hotels & Resorts with Australian and New Zealand media through careful messaging and external communication management.
- Position Hilton Australasia Hotels as the number one destination for both luxury and business travellers.
- Strengthen its reputation as an innovative leader in the hotels and tourism industry.
- Position Hilton Worldwide Australasia as the number one employer for training, career development and innovative HR practices.
- Strengthen its reputation in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Position Hilton Australasia properties as number one in providing exceptional customer service and delivering exceptional guest experiences.
To achieve these goals CP Communications executed a two part strategy involving thought leadership strategies and awareness tactics promoting the properties.
CP Communications developed a strategy that focused on the ‘behind the scenes’ business development and HR practices of Hilton Worldwide as well as the luxury, travel and hospitality target sector. This strategy shed light on what Hilton Worldwide Australasia does differently from other hotel brands, raise awareness on key issues, topics and changes happening with in the industry and present Hilton Worldwide as a thought leader and change agent for these key topics of discussion.
This PR strategy deployed tactics such as proactive media pitching on key issues and topics as well as interviews with senior Hilton personnel. It also utilised media releases to keep the market abreast of company news, new initiatives, executive appointment and special promotions.
The second element of the PR program for Hilton Worldwide aimed to focus on regional stories and conduct a national media and blogger outreach program targeting key travel, lifestyle and food media.
The highly tactical PR campaign was divided into three segments which PR activities focused on for a three month period: MICE (Meeting & Events Industry), leisure and food & beverage. This involved proactive pitching around these three core areas as well as organising media familiarisations so journalists could experience Hilton and write favourable stories.
As a result of CP Communications’ PR program significant media coverage was generated for Hilton Worldwide and the designated properties across the Australasian region. This was secured across a variety of publications including print and online across industry and consumer segments.
This allowed Hilton Worldwide Australasia to significantly increase its profile among target audiences and be seen as a leader in all its chosen target industries.
Through CP Communications’ strategies, Hilton Worldwide Australasia achieved:
- 169 pieces of coverage in top tier media.
- A significant increase in its profile among its target audiences and was seen as a leader in all its chosen target industries.
- Speaking engagements at national and global conferences to further position the organisation and its spokespeople as credible experts in their chosen fields.
- Coverage in print, online and blogs across all target industry sectors including Australian Gourmet Traveller, Australian Traveller, QANTAS Magazine, Sydney Morning Herald, Australian Financial Review and Harper’s Bazaar resulting in strengthened brand reputation and recognition.
Some of the media coverage included:
- Australian Gourmet Traveller
- Harper’s Bazaar
- Latte Summer
- LifeStyle Food
- Polka Dot Bride
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.