Social media sites contain a large amount of your personal information, which you would not want to fall into the wrong hands. Social media sites try hard to protect your personal information; however some people are still able to hack into your account if your settings are not secure.
Social Media Today has provided some great tips on how to improve the security of your social media sites.
- Have a strong password: You need to create a password that is difficult for other people to hack. You should also change all of your passwords every few months. Another security tip is to create a unique password for every social media site. If someone has hacked into one of your accounts they cannot hack into all of them because you have different passwords.
- Do not accept unknown friend requests: Don’t trust everybody that asks to be your friend on social media. They may be after your personal information or it could be a virus. Only accept people you know really well.
- Use secure social media sites: You should turn on https:// in your browser when you’re using Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. This means that you are using a secure site.
- Always logoff: If you leave your social media sites signed in then other people can access your information or post unwanted comments from you. They could also have access to your passwords or let other hackers in.
- Install anti-virus software: This software helps to prevent viruses attacking your computer. It also prevents websites from downloading unknown material, which you have not approved.
The best way to stay safe on social media is to use your commonsense and not accept anything from an unknown or untrustworthy site.
Read the full article here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.