Search engines now rank social media sites in their results. This means that the words you use on your social media sites will be displayed in the results of search engines and determine your rank.
It is important for businesses to have a high search engine rank because it can increase your website traffic, which means that more people will see your business.
Bianca Board in her post on herBusiness has provided 5 tips on how to improve your search engine rank using social media.
- Choose the right keywords: You need to use key words on social media that relate or are specific to your business. The more keywords you include in your posts or status updates the more likely you are to have a higher search engine rank. You can use the tool WordTracker to research the best keywords for your business.
- Link your website: Include a link to your website on all your social media profiles or blog posts. This allows your customers to click through to your website from a search engine, and increase your website traffic.
- Use keywords in your images: When posting images on social media sites include your keywords in the image caption and a link to your website.
- Use your competitors to your advantage: Research the keywords that your competitors are using and try to create even better keywords for your business. If your keywords are more effective your business will appear higher than your competitors on search engine results.
- Measure your success: Log out of all the search engines you normally use and log into a new one to search for your business. This will help you to see where your business is actually listed on search engine results. Google remembers your previous searches and will automatically display your business at the top of the list.
Social media is now an important tool for businesses to increase their website traffic and their reach to target customers. This means that you should actively consider what your business posts on social media sites and discuss the best keywords to increase your search engine rank
These top five tips will help your business to find your keywords and get to the top of search engine results.
Read the full article here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.