We all make mistakes sometimes, especially on social media. Social media tools are constantly evolving, which means that businesses constantly need to update their social media skills to avoid making mistakes.
The good news is that most common social media mistakes can be solved or even prevented.
SmartBlog on Social Media has provided the top five social media mistakes that most businesses make and their solutions.
- Not showing respect for others: Social media runs on good manners so you must always be polite to your followers.
Solution: Listen to what your followers and the public are saying on social media and respond where appropriate.
- Using corporate-speak: You should not use language that promotes one-way message broadcasting.
Solution: Social media requires a human presence. You should listen to the conversation on social media and actively participate in it by providing targeted information.
- Pushing your products: Don’t be a sleazy salesperson and hassle the public to buy your products.
Solution: For every one message about your business post ten additional messages about your customers or other articles.
- Don’t employ an intern to handle your social media: Interns don’t have a sufficient knowledge or understanding of your business and therefore will be unable to represent your business affectively.
Solution: Show that your business is serious about social media. Hire permanent employees to handle your social media who know your brand, business and products.
- Not being transparent on social media: Your target market and followers want to know what your business is doing.
Solution: Create a profile for your business on a few social media sites and disclose your businesses activities and opinions. You don’t have to give away your corporate secrets but you do have to be transparent.
Making mistakes is an unavoidable part of life and you’re bound to make at least one mistake on social media. However with these top five tips and solutions in mind you can reduce the severity of your mistakes.
Read the full article here.
Sydney Public Relations Agency, CP Communications provides specialist media, traditional and online PR strategies that get amazing results. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.